Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stepping into Fall in Style…

See all the beautiful fall colors from Christine and Tom’s Wedding on October 3, 2009. The mums are beginning to burst with color!


I can officially say that autumn has approached The English Manor. In the past week, I have seen many subtle changes that have left me smitten. From the use of papaya, burgundy and chocolate colors to the new fall flowers being planted on the grounds – everything has left me with that feeling that it is time to break out the apple cider and pumpkin pie.

While all the weddings of this past weekend were extraordinarily gorgeous, I just want to mention some unique details. I fell in LOVE with the latte color bridesmaid dresses from Kim and Karl’s wedding on Sunday. Not only did I adore the color, but I also loved the idea that each bridesmaid was able to pick out her own dress design. The use of orange and red with subtle touches of white in their bouquets complimented the dresses impeccably well.

Another detail that melts my heart is when couples decide to make a charitable contribution in memory of a loved one instead of the traditional wedding favor. A beautiful touch to add to your October wedding (and being that it is National Breast Cancer Awareness month) is Kim and Karl’s idea of pink chocolate lollypops in the shape of a ribbon.

These are just some of the great ideas from this past weekend and I’m sure there will be more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment